The superior standard of our work has been recognised by the Australian Defence Force, who called upon Hill Equipment to undertake a series of projects. This included work on over 40% of the Navy’s major vessel fleet (including the Collins Class submarines) and Tiger Helicopters.
We have also custom designed field Environmental Control Systems for mobile facilities and water coolers. We are recognised as having the credentials required to meet the ADF’s rigorous “Mil-spec” standards.
We specialise in the design and manufacture of the following voltage refrigeration and cooking equipment to meet Defence Force requirements –
- 115volt - 60hz / 240volt - 50hz
- 440volt - 60hz / 415volt - 50hz
- 12volt / 24volt / 310 - 495volt DC
General categories of equipment that we specialise in are:
- Defence-related hospitality equipment
- Mobile refrigeration
- Chilled water systems
- Refrigerated and freezer cabinets
- Cool rooms
- Portable DC voltage water coolers
- Portable DC voltage refrigerators
- Mobile military and commercial field kitchens
- Military vehicle air conditioning and associated equipment
- Air conditioning modules for RAAF remote telecommunication equipment
- Tarmac Air Conditioners for the Tiger Military Helicopters.
Examples of our work:
Australian Defence Force – Tiger Helicopters
Australian Aerospace engaged us to design and manufacture a specialised portable air-conditioning unit to keep the computer systems on board the attack helicopters cool while being serviced. We surpassed all the RAAF’s stringent requirements.
Defence Related Projects Completed Since 1981:
- Special low temperature freezer rooms for the manufacture of RAAF “Hornet” planes, incorporating a pneumatically opening roof, the first of its kind in Australia.
- Cool rooms and freezer rooms at DSTO Salisbury for Rocket research projects.
- Total cafeteria equipment for the Australian Submarine Corporation Canteen.
- Galley equipment for Collins Class Submarines (Sub-Contract to BaeA)
- Mess Refrigerators and Ice Makers for Collins Class Submarines (Direct Contract)
- Supply to ADI Ltd. Minehunter of non magnetic signature complete galleys & sculleries.
- Supply to ADI Ltd. – FFG (Perry Class) Frigates, Refrigerators and Bain Maries, mid life refit.
- Supply to R.A.N. – HMAS Tobruk, HMAS Success – Refrigerators, Freezers & Bain Maries.
- Supply portable DC water coolers (CDWS) Hawkmoor Ltd. UK
- Supply portable DC water coolers (CDWS) ADI Ltd. Bushmaster
- Galley Equipment for ANZAC Class Ships (Contract with Tenix Defence, Marine Division)
- S 600 Military Vehicles – Air Conditioners (Contract Tenix Defence Land Division)
- Air Conditioners for R.A.N. ASSTASS ISO Ship Board Connex (Contract G H Varley)
- Air Conditioner modules for remote ground telecommunication equipment (RAAF)
- Air Conditioners 4 off for Intermediate Avionics Test Sets, (RAAF)
- Supply to Tenix Defence – Galley Equipment Navy Oil Tanker “Nuship Sirius”
- Australian Aerospace – Tarmac Air Conditioners for Tiger Military Helicopters